NFCH RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Northwest Florida Community Hospital has been working hard to keep our patients, staff, and community healthy and safe. In response to the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) epidemic, we have taken multiple measures and precautions to minimize the spread of this infection.
We are following all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Department of Health, Florida Hospital Association and the World Health Organization (WHO). NFCH is prepared for and capable of providing care for patients with all manner of illness, including the COVID-19 virus.
In an effort to prevent the spread of this virus, some of the specific temporary actions we have taken are:
The best precautions you can take to prevent infections are:
• Frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds
• Covering coughs and sneezes to avoid spreading the virus
• Getting a flu shot each year
• Stay home if you are sick, including keeping children home if they are sick
• Calling your healthcare provider if you develop flu-like symptoms