RESPIRATORY CARE SERVICES
A respiratory therapist is a specialized healthcare provider competent in pulmonary medicine in order to work therapeutically with people suffering from pulmonary disease. A few examples of pulmonary diseases include: Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Lung Cancer, and RSV. Every respiratory therapist employed at NFCH has passed a national board certifying examination and maintains a Florida license.
The Respiratory Department at Northwest Florida Community Hospital offers a wide scope of Respiratory Care Services to include diagnostic and therapeutic services in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
Our Services Include:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24 and 48 Hour Holter Monitor
- Pulmonary Function Studies
- Arterial Blood Gas
- Ventilatory Care Management
- Oxygen Therapy
- Aerosol Therapy
- BiPAP/CPAP Therapy
- Pulse Oximetry-Six Minute Walk Study
- Incentive Spirometry/Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education With Regards To Any and All Manners of Respiratory Care