Senior Enrichment

Senior Enrichment

At Northwest Florida Community Hospital, part of our mission is to provide comprehensive healthcare close to home. Senior Enrichment is another way that our community hospital is devoted to helping those whom we call neighbor.

As we become older, we experience significant changes that can impact our daily lives. Frequently we suffer from significant losses, changes in our living environment, declining independence, increase in health complications, and a loss of mobility. At Senior Enrichment, we understand that these challenges can cause significant stress, grief, and feelings of sadness. Our team is here to help provide support and education so that we can assist our clients in learning to cope with these challenges, while working to minimize the symptoms that they are experiencing.

Common emotional problems that senior adults may experience include:

  • Loss of energy, or a lack of motivation
  • Aches and pains with no apparent cause, or increases in pain
  • Changes in sleep patterns
  • Feelings of depression or “emptiness”
  • Loss of pleasure in previously enjoyed activities
  • Deterioration of daily living skills
  • Difficulty thinking clearly, or “fogginess”
  • Alterations in eating habits, or unplanned weight gain or loss
  • Difficulty adjusting to retirement or altered living environment
  • Loneliness or isolation
  • Difficulty coping with change
  • Episodes of crying or anger outbursts
  • Strained relationships with friends or family
  • Sense of hopelessness, loss of purpose, or low self-confidence

How can Senior Enrichment help?

Here at Senior Enrichment, treatment is provided to our clients on an outpatient basis. Our team is able to provide treatment on an intensive level, without the inconvenience and high cost of inpatient hospitalization. The longevity of treatment provided is determined by provider, treatment team, and patient, thus allowing each client to have an outlined schedule especially fitting for them. A specific treatment plan is developed for each individual, and through therapy and education, clients work to gain insight toward their illnesses and discover realistic coping skills to improve their quality of life and overall well-being.

Specializing in:

  • Geriatric Healthcare
  • Geriatric Behavioral Healthcare
  • Palliative Care
  • Grief and Loss
  • Domestic Violence and Trauma Issues
  • Depression, Anxiety, and Other Behavioral Health Issues

Services and Cost:

  • Group therapy with other seniors currently struggling with similar issues
  • Individual counseling services
  • Regular communications with primary care physician
  • Lunch provided
  • Scheduled treatment teams with staff and provider
  • Medication monitoring (and prescribing if necessary)
  • Nursing education
  • Evaluation and intermittent follow-up with specialized provider

Senior Enrichment is a Medicare based program, and is primarily covered by one’s Medicare benefits. Medicare provides coverage for 80% of charges, and secondary insurances cover the remaining 20%, thus typically leaving the client with no cost out of pocket. Initial screening is complimentary, and at no charge to individual. If you have specific questions regarding eligibility for your insurance, please call Senior Enrichment.

How do I take the next step?

To request more information, schedule a confidential assessment, or make a referral, please call Senior Enrichment at (850)415-7207. Staff is available to assist with providing additional information. If calling to schedule an assessment for yourself, or to make a referral, staff will request additional information, and promptly schedule an appointment. All initial screenings are complimentary. Referrals to Senior Enrichment may be made by anyone including: a physician, family member, home health or hospice personnel, case manager, friend, or oneself.