What is Cardiac Rehab?
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation (CR) services are important Medicare benefits that reduce mortality, hospital readmissions, and improve quality of life for patients with chronic disease. (American Heart Association [AHA], 2017)
- Medicare compliant program with supervising Medical Director, Dr. Annette Porter
- Clinical staff is advanced cardiac life support certified
- Emergency equipment and access to emergency support available at all times
- Extensive 1: 1 evaluation and education on first visit
- Individual treatment plan
- Education and coaching on physical activity, nutrition, medication compliance, stress management, and other health related areas
- Small class sizes for more patient centered experience
- Vital sign and telemetry monitoring with appropriate follow-up to physician
- Most patients attend rehab for 36 insurance approved sessions
How Will I Benefit From Cardiac Rehab?
- Establish an exercise habit
- Learn how to exercise safely
- Learn how to eat and maintain a healthy diet
- Understand heart and lung conditions
- Build strength and endurance
- Experience positive psychosocial benefits from classmates
Am I Eligible For Cardiac Rehab?
Insurance Covered Diagnosis:
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Angioplasty & Stenting
- MI within past 12 months
- Stable Angina
- Heart Failure
* (EF <350/0, 6 weeks post hospitalization, no planned major procedures for the next 6 months).
Inpatients ONLY NEED a Cardiac REFERRAL ORDERED:
Documentation for Admission (To be sent by outpatient office at follow-up):
*Physician Order (Signed by Physician)*
CARDIAC: 12 Lead EKG • Lipid Profile • Recent H&P or Office Note